Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life is Good!

Wow, after some extremely stressful and worrisome days, we are seeing the light and then some!

I have a completely, totally, 100% different child. She is not even close to the same child she was 5 days ago! She is sooo happy and easy going and listens well and doesn't throw tantrums and isn't whining nonstop, etc. etc. I will slave over a stove for 10 hours a day if it means I get to keep this child!! She has always preferred quiet activities - reading books, coloring, puzzles, etc. but lately I haven't been able to get her away from the TV or the computer. She still wants to watch tv, but she does it while bouncing on the couch nonstop! She sounds so much more her age - I was starting to wonder about her development even. She wasn't absorbing new information, or learning about the world around her much. Now I feel like she is a massive sponge. She is talking nonstop. She is happy almost all day. She is showering me with love constantly (hugs, snuggles, kisses, "I love you, Mommy!") -- one of our neighbor friends defined her previous personality as akin to "Sybil" and now she's back to the sweetest girl. I am on cloud 9!

And...dare I say it? I might not have the pickiest eater after all? Usually every meal but breakfast is a battle. Trying to get her to eat has been a daily stressor for 3 years now. Tonight she was happy to eat her entire meal without fuss, and she ate a TON. She even said she wanted to try blueberries, which she has refused to eat in ages. My jaw just about fell open. She is more agreeable to trying something that looks different. Dare I hope???

1 comment: