Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 3 - Birthday Party!

Of course this all has to happen right before Bethany's 4th birthday party! Yesterday she helped me bake the cake, and from the little nibbles I tried, it's not too bad. Weird texture, but the flavor is ok. I doused it with lots of chocolate chips and tons of cream cheese frosting to help a bit!

Bethany wanted a unicorn party, thanks to her recent re-discovery of a stuffed unicorn my aunt gave her. So we did a unicorn hat craft, wore unicorn tails, colored unicorn pages & played musical chairs (galloping around the chairs, of course!). I decorated the cake with a unicorn, which I am very proud of. I am NOT a cake person, or a crafty person, so I was happy to pull this off. Thanks to one of my friends for coming over early to help with the star border on the cake! The other parents at the party said the cake tasted great - but perhaps they were just being super nice. :-) I didn't think it was too bad, and the kids certainly didn't notice one bit!

My hat and Bethany's hat...not bad for a non-crafty mom!













Bethany wearing her unicorn tail.


















It was nice to have a "normal" day, but stressful as little kid birthday parties often are. Bethany only had one small bowl of cereal before the party, so we had a little bit of a blood sugar issue part way through that a box of yogurt-covered raisins fixed! All in all, a great party!

1 comment:

  1. for someone who is neither a cake person nor a crafty person, you kicked some serious ass with this party.

    ReplyDelete