Monday, May 10, 2010

EXPENSIVE

I am thankful for the health food sections in stores these days, there are so many gluten-free products out there. One of the problems I'm running into is if something is wheat-free, it might still have eggs or soy. Tons of health foods have soy these days. So finding a product that is "everything-free" is tricky. And then the price, oh my goodness! It cost me $3 for a small bag of pasta, and $6 for a super-small bag of flour! I pride myself on being a coupon queen, and am great at finding deals and paying an eighth of those prices! Why are gluten-free foods so expensive? It is a market of necessity. People who have celiac's disease have to have these foods, so they have to shell out the $$. It is also the trendy way to eat - so of course the prices get marked up. I am grateful we can afford it, but how do other people who are struggling in today's economy manage?

No comments:

Post a Comment